Come Friday night, everyone is tired and I am counting down the minutes before we can get the kids to bed, I can pop on my PJ’s and settle in with a cup of tea and Better Homes and Gardens, followed by The Living Room (you do know I am a 62 year old trapped in a 32 year olds body, don’t you…😉).
I am the main “dinner cookerer” in this house and come Friday night I don’t wanna anymore! Instead of takeaway, I plan something really easy. Quite often homemade pizza, in front of the TV (we eat at the table for all other meals) and a kid friendly movie.
Many years ago, BC (before children), we stayed in the Blue Mountains for the weekend and dined at an Italian restaurant in Blackheath (sorry, don’t remember the name). We shared a pizza and it was so delicious, we tried to replicate it at home. We went back a few years later, ordered the pizza and it turned out we preferred our version.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 packet Leggo’s pizza sauce
- 1/2 jar of Masterfoods Red Wine and Garlic marinade
- 2 slices Lebanese bread
- Small handful of semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- Light sour cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cut chicken into small cubes, place in bowl and cover with marinade. Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge to marinade.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cook chicken in frypan until cooked through.
- In a bowl mash avocado, add garlic and sour cream. Mix well.
- Place Lebanese bread onto pizza baking tray. Spread pizza sauce over bread.
- Add cooked chicken, sundried tomatoes, avocado mix and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 1o minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve!
We absolutely love this pizza. We go through phases of remembering it and including it in our menu plan, and then forgetting it again for a while.
What’s your go to recipe on a Friday night?
Do you have a favourite pizza recipe?
Do you love BH&G and The Living Room?