Last week was Federal Election time which brings with it P&C sausage sizzles and cake stalls at polling booths.
I had 18 bananas in the freezer and made 6 batches of banana bread. 5 for school and 1 for us. It was so delicious, I thought I’d share the recipe with you:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 grams butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base inside of an 11 x 20 x 6cm deep loaf pan.
- Combine flours, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk butter and eggs together, stir in the banana.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and pour into the prepared pan.
- Place mixture into the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm, spread with butter.